Saturday, April 4, 2009

My DIY Rhinestone Monogram Cake Topper

One of the first DIY wedding adventures I decided to tackle was our rhinestone monogram cake topper. I used our font to create a template for my dad to cut out on his jigsaw. My dad is a 30 year retired shop teacher so this project was a breeze for him and, in my eyes, a great way for him to contribute one of his many talents to our wedding.

Letters: $3 (for the wood)
12 mm Rhinestones & supplies (Tami's place): $40
Labor: About 3 hours


They're almost done! I needed to order some more rhinestones and will post a completed pic when they're done. We love how they're looking so far and can't wait to see them on the cake! I love that we saved some money making them ourselves. To purchase them, already blinged out, costs around $140 a letter.

1 comment:

Amy J said...

Holy Moly... $140 a letter!? You should continue to make them after your wedding is over. Yours are going to be gorgeous!